IFE PV Module Characterization and Testing Laboratory
The laboratory includes access to:
- A Spi-Sun 5100 single long pulse solar simulator. Classified as A+A+A+ according to IEC 60904-9 Ed.2. Maximum module dimensions of 2.1 x 1.3 m2
- A custom-made electroluminescence imaging setup, capable of imaging full-sized modules in a single image in line with IEC TS 60904-13
- Equipment for dark IV measurements
- Equipment for insulation and wet-leakage testing
- Climate chambers of various sizes, capable of performing accelerated ageing tests in line with relevant standards (e.g. IEC 61215)
- Salt-mist chamber for testing according to IEC 61701
- A suite of tools for field characterization of PV modules, such as infrared cameras (drone-based and hand-held) and IV-tracers
The PV Module Characterization and Testing Laboratory is closely connected to IFE’s Solar Cell Laboratory, where a range of complementary characterization tools are available.
The PV Module Characterization and Testing Laboratory is also co-located with IFE’s PV Module Outdoor Test-site.