Battery Materials Testing
The Department of Battery Technology at IFE can offer a large range of services related to the testing and evaluation of battery materials.
The Department of Battery Technology at IFE has a well-established infrastructure and facilities for R&D on rechargeable batteries and battery materials. The focus is on lithium-ion batteries, and our Battery Material Development Laboratory houses a collection of equipment for synthesis, optimization and development of materials, electrode preparation, as well as cell assembly and characterization.
The Battery Material Development Laboratory can offer:
- Testing of active materials, including electrode preparation
- Electrolyte testing
- Development and testing of binders
- Cell assembly
- coin cells
- pouch cells
- 3-electrode cells
- Half- and full cell configurations
- Electrochemical cell testing (see Service: Battery Testing)
- Extensive experience with silicon anode in the lithium-ion battery, with transfer values to other battery types