Our isotope analyses are done with state-of-the art equipment and with internationally certified control and calibration standards.
Stable isotope analysis at IFE began in 1982 with petroleum and geochemistry research and has since branched out into stable isotope analyses of biota, water, biogas and hydrogen. IFE also has expertise performing analyses within the nuclear waste and decommissioning sectors.
Some of the stable isotope analyses/applications we offer:
- δ2H, δ18O, δ34S and 87/86Sr in water samples
- δ13C and δ18O of inorganic carbon in water
- δ13C, δ18O, 87/86Sr and δ34S of carbonates
- 87/86Sr of residual salt (RSA) in consolidated core samples
- Compound-specific δ13C and δ2H in natural gas and biogas (e.g. methane, CO2, ethane, …)
- δ13C and δ15N of biota (tissue, muscle, blood, etc.) at natural abundance and enriched levels
- δ13C and δ2H of gas seeps (CH4, CO2 and other hydrocarbons)
- δ34S of hydrogen sulfides, sulfates and H2S