We participate in large, international projects, and 40 per cent of IFE’s income comes from international projects. IFE is working with the whole spectrum of energy. Our researchers contribute to the development of next generation of battery technology, lower emissions from oil and gas, zero emissions in the transport sector and better solutions for sun, wind and hydrogen. We produce and develop cancer drugs.
IFE’s workplace is characterized by a good working environment, and offers competitive wages and working conditions. We focus on competence development and are strongly committed to health, environment and safety.
We look for you who are interested in developing your skills together with our employees. You have a desire to work in an international, leading professional environment where there are great opportunities for growth and development. We are dedicated to delivering research that creates changes.
IFE is announcing an open position as researcher within photovoltaic (PV) energy systems. The right candidate has experience with photovoltaic solar energy, power electronics or energy systems, in addition to project management. He or she will work in a young and expanding environment at IFE, in close collaboration with PV industry. The main tasks will include analysis of data from PV plants, project management, development of new research projects, and scientific publishing.
- Technical background from PV technology, power electronics or energy systems
- Working experience with PV systems, power electronics or energy systems from industry or research
- Experience within project management
- Fluency in a Scandinavian language is beneficial
- Systematic and quality conscious
- Self-driven with initiative
- Excellent collaborative and communicative skills
Who works at IFE?
Curious about who works at IFE and what we do? Follow us on Instagram @humansofife. Here we present employees who work in different functions, from researchers and engineers within our various disciplines, to administration and support staff. Our people are our most important resource!
Master thesis at IFE?
IFE has extensive collaboration with students at master level, and many departments offer guidance and access to experimental facilities at IFE for master students.
You can contact the Department Head or other contact persons with your own suggestions and ideas for a master project. Please find the appropriate contact person on our organization or contact web pages.
See some predefined master projects below and more on our Norwegian page.
At IFE, we have employee benefits that will help to assure security, stimulate physical activity and contribute to a good work-life balance.
Your employee benefits:
• Collective pension scheme through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
• Mortgages through the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
• Collective personnel insurance and disability pension and survivor’s pension
• Flexible working hours
• Full salary during parental leave and illness
• Extra day off in connection with Christmas and New Year
• Support for education
In addition, we can offer:
• Corporate sports team and support for fitness center
• Canteen arrangements