Graduate in Chemistry (Laurea), University of Sassari, 1998.
PhD in Chemistry, Dresden Technical University in December 2004.
Field of Expertise:
Synthesis of amorphous/metastable alloys, nanostructured composites and hydrogen storage materials by non-equilibrium techniques (e.g. ball milling). Processing of materials for energy storage and magnetic applications. Characterization of powders by powder X-Ray diffraction analysis (lab source and Synchrotron radiation), Powder Neutron Diffraction, thermal analysis (DSC, TMA and TGA), Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and H2 titration techniques.
Research and Academic Activities:
- At IFE since 2005 and permanent staff member of the Physics Department since October 2010;
- Project Manager for the final stages of the construction of the new high-resolution neutron powder diffractometer ODIN 2014-2017;
- Work Package leader in two projects funded by the European Fuel Cell and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH-JU):
– SSH2S (Fuel Cell Coupled Solid State Hydrogen Storage Tank)
– BOR4STORE (Fast reliable and cost effective boron hydride based high capacity solid state hydrogen storage materials);
- IFE’s scientific contact for the EU project NANOPYME (Nanocrystalline Permanent Magnets Based on Hybrid Metal-Ferrites);
- Lecturer at graduate schools for neutron scattering (Kjeller, 2012, 2014, 2015) and renewable energies (Monteponi, Italy 2007; Elmas, Italy 2009);
- Supervisor for the experimental work of internship students.