PhD (Dr.ing) Norwegian Institute of Technology (NTH), Trondheim, Norway 1989.
Field of Expertise:
Materials for storage of hydrogen, materials for ICT and energy applications, magnetic materials, nanoscience, crystallography and neutron and X-ray diffraction
Professional membership and merits :
- Operating Agent for IEA Hydrogen Implementation Agreement Task 22 – “Fundamental and Applied Hydrogen Storage Materials Development” from 2006.
- Adjunct of Physics, University of Oslo
- Member of the Physics department staff since 1993
- Member of Norwegian Academy of Technological Sciences
- Member of Norwegian Physical Society
- Member of International Steering Committee for the International Symposium on Metal-Hydrogen Systems, Fundamentals and Applications
- Member of Steering Committee for Synchrotron Research, Research Council of Norway
- Member of organization and scientific committees in a number of national and international conferences
- Referee for number of international journals including J.Mater Chem., J.Phys.Chem., J.Alloys Compd, Int.J.Hydrogen Energy, Inorg.Chem., Scr. Mater., J.Solid State Chem., J.Materials Science, Phys. Chem
- Evaluator of national research projects in Germany, Iceland, UK, Netherlands, Spain, Australia