Services and work areas
IFE partner in EU project for Next-Generation Batteries
Shifting landscape for neutron science
Towards a greener mineral and metal industry thanks to th...
To work at IFE
Se our vacant positions:
The Department for Battery Technology at IFE increasing its activity in research and development of energy materials. We collaborate closely with Norwegian and foreign industry partners as well as with internationally recognized research organizations.
Renewable energy technologies and especially the battery market, are growing fast. Both need new energy materials. Our energy materials group in the Battery Technology Department is currently producing silicon-based energy materials, directly used in new lithium-ion batteries or adjacent markets. The production of our energy materials is performed in a reactor laboratory that houses three different reactor concepts: free-space-reactor (FSR), fluidized-bed-reactor (FBR) and centrifuge chemical-vapor deposition (C-CVD) reactor. The produces high purity silicon-based materials both in nanoparticles and bulk. The infrastructure is excellent for testing out new concepts in pyrolysis (gas decomposition). IFE is also developing its own technology for production of silicon materials, especially for Li-ion batteries and other renewable energy technologies.
We are seeking a person who can strengthen this team, take part in the development of upscaled production methods and generate new projects within energy materials for batteries.
- PhD or equivalent academic degree in physics, chemistry, materials science, process engineering or similar field
- An experimentalist view: Ability to plan and perform experiments, analyse results, summarize and conclude
- Background from material science, solid state physics, physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry, nanotechnology or related areas
- Experience working with lithium-ion battery technologies is a plus
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Expertise within one or more of the following topics will be beneficial:
- Pyrolysis (thermal gas decomposition)
- Gas analysis by mass spectrometry, gas chromatography, and/or other methods
- Chemical kinetics modelling
- Experimental reactor research and development
- Understanding of silicon materials
- Advanced characterization of energy materials
- Experience in project generation and management, preferably from EU- or Norwegian/Scandinavian funding system
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English (the department’s working language is English)
- Bachelor eller master innen relevant fagkrets eller tillsvarende kompetanse
- God kunnskap om relevante lover og forskrifter innen ytre miljø, fysisk arbeidsmiljø og farlige stoffer (ref Arbeidsmiljøloven, Forurensningsloven, Internkontrollforskrift m. HMS forskriftene).
- Erfaring innen styring av miljø- og kjemi og kjennskap til miljøstandarden ISO 14001-2015
- Vi tror at du er en en engasjert person som liker å jobbe systematisk med miljøstyringsarbeid.
- Du bør være analytisk, selvstendig, handlekraftig og har gode samarbeidsevner.
- Du har god muntlig og skriftlig kommunikasjon på norsk og engelsk.