Training Evaluation and Monitoring System (TEAMS)
IFE TEAMS is a software product to record and play back simulator sessions. It integrates video, audio, screen content, data logs, malfunctions, operator actions and plant responses into a combined stream for post-scenario replay and analysis.
IFE TEAMS provides quick and easy means to search and find interesting sequences of a recorded session, and immediately synchronizes all data sources to the selected time. This makes TEAMS superior to traditional video-based recordings.
TEAMS is applicable to simulator-based training in nuclear, petroleum, power and other industries, supporting tasks such as
- post-scenario debriefing
- performance assessments and qualification exams
- learning from recorded best-practise operations
- document compliancy during scenario-based simulator testing
During playback, TEAMS presents
- audio from selected devices, with individual audio control
- video from selected cameras
- images captured from selected plant process computer screens or operator control screens
- searchable lists of operator actions, plant alarm & event responses, and instructor-initiated malfunctions
- trend plots of searchable plant process parameter values
The user can play & pause, and easily select any specific time from a recorded scenario by dragging a slider, selecting from searchable lists of events, or clicking on trend plots. TEAMS immediately synchronizes all data sources to the selected time and is ready to play.
IFE SCORE is a complementary software product to TEAMS, featuring structured and consistent evaluation of operating crew performance. SCORE supports instructors and evaluators in preparing schemas and in using these to evaluate operator and crew performance. SCORE can also be used by operators for post-scenario self assessments.
In December 2018, Exitech Corporation and IFE delivered TEAMS to Indiana Michigan Power Company for use at Donald C Cook nuclear power plant’s training centre.
TEAMS is developed based on well-proven prototypes used by IFE’s researchers to assess operating crew performance in HAMMLAB studies since 2011 .